We have added a new service to our spa menu! This new service is Tui Na Massage. Tui na means “pushing and grasping,” and it is a powerful form of Chinese medical bodywork. Based on the same Oriental medical principles as acupuncture, tui na seeks to improve the flow of qi through the meridian channels.
Our new therapist, Marie Delangre, will perform this service. You can meet Marie here.
Five Benefits of Tui Na:
- Complete System of Medicine: Tui Na is one of the three main components of Traditional Chinese Medicine, or TCM. It is thought to be the oldest system of bodywork that is still practiced today! As mentioned above, it can treat specific issues and injuries, or just the overall energy flow, qi, of the body.
- Acupuncture Principles: The same 12 points on the body that are manipulated in acupuncture through the use of needles, are also manipulated in Tui Na. The difference is, Tui Na uses manual manipulation.
- Add Acupuncture: Since both acupuncture and Tui Na use the same principles of TCM, they can be used in conjunction to restore optimal energy flow to the body.
- Relief from Disorders: Tui Na is particularly effective for conditions involving muscles, tendons and joints, such as structural misalignment, orthopedic problems and sports injuries. It can also be used to treat internal diseases. Some of these internal diseases include migraines, IBS, headaches, insomnia, PMS, digestive, respiratory and reproductive issues.
- Very Versatile: Tui Na can be used with other forms of Chinese Medicine, as well as more traditional massages such as myofascial release, and deep-tissue/nueromuscular, both of which we offer here at the spa!
For Pricing information, visit our spa page here.