“While working in emergency medicine, I saw so much disease and chronic illness that is preventable. That fueled my passion for educating people today on how to get ahead on their health, from patients to corporate groups to the community I work with in Honduras.”
—Kristin Corbin Oja, FNP-C
Kristin Corbin Oja, recently having completed her doctorate of nursing practice, is a board-certified family nurse practitioner, registered nurse, personal trainer, group fitness instructor and doctorate student. Realizing the complexity of modern-day health problems and the importance of listening to her patients, Kristin strives to provide unique, compassionate and personalized care to every patient. She joined CentreSpring MD (formerly the Atlanta Center for Holistic and Integrative Medicine) in 2014 and has trained directly under Dr. Taz Bhatia.
Kristin began her nursing career in the emergency department at Gwinnett Medical Center. She saw firsthand the negative consequences of improper nutrition and a sedentary lifestyle. These modifiable risk factors made her especially interested in an integrative approach to medicine, focusing on prevention and researching the root causes of chronic illness and disease.
Outside of patient care at CentreSpring MD, Kristin is the founder of STAT Wellness (Strength to Achieve Total Wellness), a nutrition and fitness endeavor that focuses on helping people make small and simple changes to ultimately bring total body, mind and spirit transformation. She also offers corporate wellness seminars, working with major corporates like Newell Rubbermaid, AzkoNobel and Ciena.
As a cum laude graduate bachelor of science in nursing from Georgia College, Kristin continued her education earning a master of science in nursing with a family nurse practitioner focus. She completed her doctorate of nursing practice program at Georgia College as a Jonas Scholar in December 2015.
When she is not treating patients, Kristin is passionately working to teach and serve the people of Honduras with the nonprofit Honduras Outreach, Inc., where she serves on the medical board. She lives in Atlanta where you may find her out for a run on the Beltline or enjoying in the city’s food scene.
Training & Education
- Currently pursuing board certification in functional medicine, Institute of Functional Medicine
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Georgia College
- Masters of Science in Nursing, Georgia College
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Georgia College
- Dr. Lynch’s Methylation and Clinical Nutrigenomics
- ACSM Personal Trainer
- Medical Board Member, Honduras Outreach, Inc.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Sigma Theta Tau
- “Making a Difference Award” at Gwinnett Medical Center
- Jonas Scholar
- Opel S. Carter Scholarship
- Sara Watson Puckett Foundation Scholarship
- Samuel Goodrich Scholarship
- Sigma Theta Tau Scholarship