A compassionate and holistic patient-focused approach to health lead me to seek a practice that treated the whole patient, not just the disease.
—Leigh Applegate, MSN, FNP-C
Leigh Applegate is a certified Family Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse who joined CentreSpring MD in 2021. Leigh’s passion for holistic care is rooted in her experiences while working with vulnerable and underserved patient populations in Georgia and Florida. During this time, she witnessed a number of patients suffering symptoms, or conditions, that could be mitigated by positive lifestyle choices. “I realized my passion in providing preventative care and finding solutions to problems before they arise. As a practitioner, I strive to put as much effort into implementing primary preventative medicine as I do into treating patients with pre-existing issues. Health reaches far beyond the presence or absence of disease. It encompasses a balance in an individual’s physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. I want to help guide my patients into achieving their best lives through balance and embracing what health means to them.”
Leigh’s compassionate and holistic patient focused approach to health lead her to seek a practice that treated the whole patient, not just the disease. She found her ideal position at CentreSpring MD. Leigh brings a positive energy to addressing her patient’s most challenging health questions and concerns.
Leigh completed both her bachelor degrees in Nursing and Psychology at University of Miami in Miami, Florida and finished her medical training with a Master of Science in Nursing from Simmons University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is an active member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
As a Miami transplant, Leigh loves the diverse cultural landscape of Atlanta and enjoys exploring her new home. Outside of healthcare, her passions comprise being active in nature, cooking, traveling and spending time with family and friends. She looks forward to working with you to achieve your full health potential.
Training & Education
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, University of Miami
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of Miami
- Master of Science in Nursing, Simmons University
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner through American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- Certified provider, Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Experience in neurology, orthopedics and trauma at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood Florida
Membership and Honors
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
- Simmons Research Day Forum Presenter
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners