Margot Witteveen, MS, RDN, LD, is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) who joins CentreSpring MD after practicing in Atlanta since 2008. As an RDN, with a certificate of training in adult weight management, Margot counsels clients on weight loss, pre-diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, GI issues, wellness, and pre/postnatal nutrition. As a practitioner of integrative and functional nutrition, she believes in treating the body, mind, and spirit. Integrative and functional nutrition looks at the person as a whole—beyond exercise and diet. Margot has received training in mindful eating techniques and has seen its success in creating behavior change with her patients. Margot provides coordinated care with the team of providers at CentreSpring MD.
With a love for food and cooking and physical activity, Margot wanted to share this passion to help others accomplish nutrition and lifestyle goals. Her nutrition philosophy is that food should be enjoyed and shared. She helps her clients approach eating in a realistic, holistic, and mindful way.
She teaches various nutrition workshops, cooking classes, and is content creator for wellness studios and publications in Atlanta. Margot is an active food blogger and recipe developer. She is also an instructor of nutrition at Georgia State University and just recently contributed to the MIND diet book, set to be released fall 2016.
Margot is a mom of two boys, and she loves gardening, running, and helping people improve their lives one meal at a time. She frequently tells her clients to “eat whole foods and love yourself.”
Margot provides patients with basic tenets of healthy living combined with the emerging science of integrative and functional medicine.
Customized Integrative Nutrition for the following:
- Food Allergies
- Plant-based eating
- Mindful Eating
- Family Intervention (include family meal planning)
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Balance after Baby (post-natal health)
- IBS (lowFODMAP diet)
- Peri/Post Menopausal Weight Challenges
- Stress Eating
- High cholesterol/triglycerides/blood pressure
Initial Consultations include:
- Detailed Medical and lifestyle hx
- 5 day food log
- Review of labs
- Expectations from appointment
- Review barriers and challenges
- Create a plan with realistic goals
- Integrate recommendations from Dr. Taz
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Masters of Science, Nutrition
- Certificate in Adult Weight Management
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Women Health Group
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Nutrition
- M.S. Nutrition, Georgia State University
- Dietetic Internship, Southern Regional Medical Center