“It is my hope to partner with patients to improve the quality and experience of healthcare. I don’t want to just see people be free from symptoms, but help them get to the root of their health challenges and experience freedom from disease."
Mary Margaret Burch is a certified family nurse practitioner and registered nurse. Prior to becoming a nurse Mary Margaret spent fifteen years in social services serving a wide variety of patient populations, including the homeless, seriously mentally ill and individuals with substance abuse disorders. Her interest in pursuing a career in the medical field was born from having her first child who had varying special needs, both physical and cognitive.
Before joining CentreSpring MD, Mary Margaret spent six years at Northside Hospital as a registered nurse and nurse clinician on medical surgical, pulmonary and geriatric units. While working in the acute care hospital setting, she saw firsthand how a patient’s lifestyle choices affected their long-term health and quality of life. She experienced how there was more to patient care than making a diagnosis and prescribing medicine. This experience led her to pursue her Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from Auburn University where she graduated Summa Cum Laude. While completing her MSN, she also completed the Integrative Health and Lifestyle Program at the University of Arizona. This helped her to develop an ability to utilize both conventional and integrative approaches in providing excellent patient care with positive healthcare outcomes
Mary Margaret currently lives in Cumming, GA with her husband and two children. She is an avid runner and enjoys reading, watching sports and church activities.
She is currently accepting new patients and looks forward to helping patients achieve their wellness goals.
Training and Education
- University of Alabama- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology (BA)
- Auburn University College of Nursing- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) Cum Laude
- Auburn University College of Nursing- Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) Summa Cum Laude
- Integrative Health and Lifestyle Program- Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine University of Arizona
- Certified Nurse Practitioner through American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- ANCC Family Nurse Practitioner Certification
- ANCC Certified Geriatric Nurse
- ANCC Medical Surgical Certification
- Basic Cardiac and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification
Membership and Honors
- United Advanced Practice Registered Nurses of Georgia
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
- Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International