Melanie is a certified physician assistant focused on providing empathetic and compassionate care. Prior to joining CentreSpringMD, she worked in a variety of surgical subspecialties including Gynecologic Oncology, Orthopedics, Stem Cell and Bone Marrow Donation, and Labor and Delivery.
Melanie’s passion for holistic care is founded in her own experience with a series of health crises. She was unable to find relief through traditional western medicine, so she started searching for alternative solutions. She began exploring a variety of holistic methods, which finally helped her find relief and started her on the road to recovery. Now she works to provide the same relief to her patients. She is passionate about helping her patients find “whole health” and believes that spiritual, mental, and physical health is interrelated. Her philosophy is that healing is a journey and not everyone’s journey is the same.
Melanie completed her medical training at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is originally from Florida but now finds herself calling Atlanta home. She loves the vibrancy of city life and spending time being active in nature. She loves to travel and spend time with her friends and family. You can find her around town frequenting the local coffee shops, restaurants, and fitness studios.
Training & Education
- Bachelors in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, specialization in Fitness and Wellness, University of Florida
- Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, Northeastern University
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Certified in Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association
Membership and Honors
- Member of the Institute for Functional Medicine — Completion of the Institute of Functional Medicine, Applying Functional Medicine to Clinical Practice