Dr. Taz’s TOP 10 DETOXIFYING FOODS
By Dr. Tasneem Bhatia, Medical Director and Integrative Health Expert
Practiced for centuries by many cultures around the world,detoxification is about renewing the body’s ability to fight disease and maintain optimum health. Incorporating detoxifying foods is a great addition to everybody’s diet. Our bodies are designed to resist damage from toxins such as antibiotic and hormone residues, heavy metals, carcinogens, chemicals and pesticides. If the body has a heavy toxic load, it may need a little extra help getting rid of them. Incorporating these foods regularly as part of your diet will help the body get rid of toxins.
Join us throughout the month of January, as we focus on detoxification and supporting you in renewing your body’s ability to fight disease and maintain optimum health.
- Green Foods
- Lemons, Oranges and Limes
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Green Tea
- Mung Beans
- Raw Vegetables
- Raw Seeds and Nuts
- Omega-3 Oils
Gedaliah’s Corner: An Ayurvedic perspective of detoxification
- Eat kitchari once or twice a week for the day to give your digestive system a break.
- Cook with ghee or clarified butter to enhance agni or your digestive fire, kindle absorption and increase elimination.
- Drink Triphala tea before bedtime to gently cleanse the colon and remove ama or toxins from the body.
- Practice Pranayama breathing, just as we wash our clothes a few times a week, so must we wash the debris of the mind through proper breathing and meditation. Once we have clarity, our purpose is fully realized.
- Integrate Marma therapy into your lifestyle.
Learn more about Pranayama breathing from Dr. Gedaliah during your Ayurvedic Marma session. Please call 404-814-9808 to schedule a session.
Fit Bit with Stephanie Wilkinson
Regular exercise has many useful benefits including detoxification. Walking, running, dancing, swimming, cycling, yoga and other types of exercise help the body to rid itself of accumulated wastes, toxins and poisons. As you exercise, blood and lymph fluids circulate the body transporting nutrients and removing toxins and other harmful materials. For best results exercise 20-30 minutes three times a week. Yoga also is beneficial because many poses help to massage the internal organs. Any exercise that you enjoy doing will help with detoxification.
If you are ready to incorporate exercise into your lifestyle, call 404-814-9808 to schedule a complimentary 30-minute fitness consultation with Stephanie Wilkinson.
January Special Value
The ACHIM Detoxification Program is gluten free and includes Ultra Clear medical food, AdvaClear natural health product for balanced metabolic detoxification activity, Silymarin 80 health product for liver support, a patient visit with Dr. Bhatia and a Detox Program Guide with easy to follow instructions, menu plans and recipes. Please call 404-814-9808 to place your order.