It’s hard to believe, but it’s already time for back-to-school!
This year, send your child back into the classroom well-rested, their nutrient levels optimized, and their brains ready to absorb new information.
These Back to School tips from our team of providers will give you and your kids a seamless transition into another school year.
Keep reading for our special offer to help your family save and keep your child well!
- Diffuse peppermint and orange for an uplifting aroma that increases alertness
- Lemon, rosemary, peppermint are great oils for attention
- Use a drop of lavender and/or epsom salts in the bath
- Rub calming oils on their feet, like lavender or vetiver. Always use a carrier oil like almond, coconut or jojoba on kids.
- Limit screen time for proper melatonin secretion
- Consider blue light blocking glasses for kids who need to be on screens for homework
- Set boundaries early with social media time to avoid the comparison trap
- Have discussions about what bullying is with kids prior to school starting and create a space for them to confide in
- PharmaGaba: may help ease anxieties related to transitions, testing, etc.
- GI Replenish: improve levels of bifidobacterium/lactobacilli bacterias in their gut and decrease inflammation because healing their gut is the ultimate immune boost
- Omega 3s plus Phosphatidylserine: a combo we use to help with focus
- Magnesium in evening to help with a restful sleep – we love Natural Calm for kids
- Start the bedtime routine at least 1 hour before intended bedtime
- Close blinds, dim lights, and turn off screens
- Depending on age, writing in a nightly diary can help them get their thoughts out before before bed
- Family yoga for 5 minutes can help them stay grounded and relaxed – we love the app Kids Yoga Deck
- Always make sure there is protein and fat!
- Remember breakfast doesn’t have to look like ‘breakfast’. It can be last night’s leftovers, or sautéed veggies with some brown rice and sesame oil.
- Perfect Protein Pea and Rice with water and 1 tbsp of MCT oil will get the protein and fat into them quick and easy
- Nut-butter Sandwiches: Sprinkle a mixture of chia seeds, grounded flax seeds, and hemp seeds in with the nut-butter for a high amount of omegas for brain health
- Always include a veggie and fruit like carrots and apples, or banana and cucumber
- Fruit in the afternoon is a good way to get and keep their energy up
- Nuts and seeds (bonus: make your own trail mix with mixed nuts and Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels)
- Hummus and carrot or celery sticks
- Apples and almond butter