We recognize the complex nature of these disorders and the many factors that cause them. We know the gut, brain, and immune connection has a great impact on the mental well-being. We also use therapies like mindfulness, self-care massage and acupuncture to support mental health and relieve the manifestations of these disorders.
The gut-brain connection plays a key role in managing your mental health. Some research has even gone so far as to say that those who eat a diet high in processed and fast foods are more than twice as likely to develop depression. Eating a diet rich in nutrients and minerals can play a large role in managing your symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Foods you should consume include:
- Lean protein sources, which aid in supplying your body with amino acids that regulate hormone balance
- Wild-caught fish, which supply doses of Omega-3 that’s crucial for brain health
- Healthy fats, that support neurological function and cellular health
- Fruits and veggies, vital antioxidants can improve your mood
- Foods rich in fiber, for brain function
We also recommend you participate in forms of stress release and relaxation regularly. This can come in the form of:
- CranioSacral Therapy
For more information on how we can help you manage your mental health, please call us at 404.814.9808 to schedule an appointment with one of our providers so that we can create a customized treatment plan tailored to you.