Chron’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease, IBD, that is the cause of inflammation in the lining of the digestive tract. This leads to abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, weight loss, fatigue, and malnutrition. It’s easy to understand how this disease can get in the way of your day-to-day life. If you suffer with Crohn’s, you know this all too well.
While conventional medicine tells you there is no cure, and only prescribes medication to mask your symptoms and likely cause scary side effects, here at CentreSpring MD we know there are integrative options to help you find healing. It is possible to take back control of your health through diet and lifestyle modifications.
While your specific diet will depend on your unique makeup, medications, and other factors, there are general rules you can follow to find relief through nutrition. Some general rues are:
- Avoid spicy, refined, and processed foods, including gluten, corn, oats, dairy and yeast
- Eat a healing diet to decrease inflammation
- Limit high-fiber foods, like raw fruits and veggies
- Consume more prebiotic rich foods (asparagus, bananas, and honey)
- Eat smaller meals more frequently
- Regular exercise
- Breathe deeply
- Make time for relaxation (yoga, walk in nature, massage, acupuncture, CranioSacral Therapy)
If you have tried to manage your Crohn’s and colitis symptoms on your own but have not found relief, one of our providers would be happy to sit down with you and create a customized treatment plan!