Straight from the Kitchen
One of the most important things I stock in my kitchen is apple cider vinegar (ACV). There are endless uses for it, from cleaning your home to helping your gut health! But what health benefits does it really provide? And why is it a sudden sensation? More and more people are integrating ACV into their daily nutrition regime to improve their overall health and lose weight.
Benefits of ACV:
- Apple cider vinegar aids in preserving a healthy alkaline pH level. That’s why it’s front and center in my 21-Day Belly Fix diet. Many of the foods in a traditional American diet are acid forming, which leaves your body’s pH out of balance. This leads to fatigue, inflammation, weight problems, acne and heartburn.
- This vinegar helps to cleanse your lymph nodes, which is important in your immune function.
- Due to its natural enzymes, ACV helps your body get rid of candida—yeast that can overgrow and colonize in the gut, causing digestion issues that can wreak havoc on a healthy system.
- Apple cider vinegar helps detoxify the liver and stimulate the cardiovascular system.
- Studies show that consuming acetic acid, the main ingredient in apple cider vinegar, leads to significant decline in body weight, abdominal fat, waist circumference and triglycerides after 12 weeks.
Green Smoothie with ACV
In order to reap all of the amazing health benefits of apple cider vinegar, I recommend drinking about 2 tablespoons daily. But if you are like me, drinking it takes some getting used to. Here is a healthy, green smoothie recipe that you can enjoy the taste of and add your share of ACV to (and hardly notice).
- ½ medium apple
- ½ medium ripe pear
- 1 medium cucumber
- ¾ cup chopped kale
- ½ lemon, seeds removed
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons of ACV
Chop the apple, pear, and cucumber. Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse, adding water to thin as needed.
Want to dive deeper?
A detox or healthy smoothie with ACV daily is a great way to get a jumpstart on your health, reduce bloat, gain energy, and improve digestion. But to really get to the root cause of your symptoms, and get an individualized treatment plan that will help you thrive, you need to see one of our seven board-certified providers.
With a unique diagnostic process, we guide you to your best self by connecting the dots of your health and history to shape a unique treatment plan because no two people are the same. We lead you in the implementation and monitor the results to optimize the plan according to your body’s needs.
So what will you find as a patient at our office?
- Longer appointments with your provider
- Advanced technology and integrative lab testing
- Conventional and holistic treatment options
- Personalized treatment plans
- Direct access to your provider
- A complete menu of traditional and holistic health and spa services
As you can see, at CentreSpring MD, we are committed to a new model of medicine with true patient centered, collaborative care – a safe place for you to refresh, relax, and rejuvenate.