Holistic, integrative, and functional medicine aims to eliminate these guessing games and guide you toward answers that elevate your health on a broader scale. Treatments are more comprehensive and individualized and attempt to identify the root cause of symptoms, rather than mask concerns.
Are you searching for holistic doctors in Fayetteville, GA, Peachtree City, GA, or any community south of Atlanta? Learn more about holistic, functional, and integrative medicine – the core and foundation of CentreSpringMD’s approach to care – and how these philosophies diverge from more traditional methods:
Defining Functional, Integrative, and Holistic Medicine
“Functional medicine,” “integrative medicine,” and “holistic medicine” all get used interchangeably. Although notable differences exist, all operate with a similar mission – of caring for the whole person and exploring the relationship between health, wellness, and lifestyle. Practitioners are less prescriptive and refer to a broader range of therapies and treatments. At CentreSpringMD, our team is trained in Western medicine and infuses these practices with Chinese, Ayurvedic, and other Eastern-rooted methods that have been practiced for centuries.
The goal, overall, is to analyze your body’s biochemistry, genetics, and pathways to determine the cause of a condition, disease, or other concern through a systems-oriented methodology. From here, the patient and practitioner begin a partnership through a more customized treatment plan that periodically gets adjusted in line with personal and health goals.
Beyond this broader picture, each field approaches health and wellness from a different angle:
- Integrative medicine: For integrative medicine in Peachtree City, GA, you’ll encounter evidence-based care merging Western and Eastern principles to care for the body, mind, and soul on a holistic level. Although rooted in Western principles, integrative medicine focuses on the effects of healing sciences on the body and avoids unnecessary invasiveness.
- Holistic medicine: If you’re looking for a naturopath in Fayetteville or Peachtree City, you’ll come across a provider examining all the factors – internal and external – affecting your body, as well as your mental and emotional health. Chemical and physiological factors, as well as the impact of lifestyle, all get considered in balancing the mind, body, and spirit.
- Functional medicine: Considered the future of healthcare, functional medicine focuses on the overlapping nature among chemical, biological, and physiological factors to uncover the root cause of a condition or disease. All systems within your body are viewed as connected – for example, the broader-reaching effects of gut health or chronic inflammation – rather than isolated and unrelated. The goal, here, is to identify and treat the condition rather than chase after individual symptoms.
Why Look for an Integrative Medicine Provider in Fayetteville or Peachtree City?
Don’t continue to pursue symptoms or view your health as a mystery no medical professional can solve. While conventional medicine continues to make strides, patient care often gets placed on the back burner. Functional, integrative medicine providers like CentreSpringMD aim to reverse this pattern.
Here’s what’s different about holistic, functional, and integrative medicine:
- Diagnosis is a more comprehensive process in which the root cause of symptoms is investigated through multiple tests.
- Your health isn’t siloed or segmented; instead, the interconnected, whole-body approach looks to optimize your health and wellness on a broader scale.
- Appointments aren’t short, prescriptive visits: Instead, holistic primary care providers seek to establish long-term, progressive relationships and become thoroughly familiar with your health, lifestyle, and concerns.
- Your treatment is customized and personal, incorporating both Western and Eastern approaches, as well as spa, wellness, and anti-aging services based on the condition or concern being addressed.
- Preventative care is another tenet: Rather than feel as if you’re in endless pursuit, treatments attempt to identify why you’re experiencing symptoms and may examine factors outside of your physical body, including mental health, relationships, your environment, your lifestyle, and your community.
- You’ll be referred to experts trained in their integrative, holistic, or functional specialty. Outside of your holistic primary care doctor, this may be for nutritional counseling, stress management, acupuncture, massage, exercise, lifestyle coaching, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Make an Appointment With a Holistic Doctor Near Fayetteville or Peachtree City, GA
Not only does CentreSpringMD have multiple locations in the Atlanta metropolitan area, but we deliver thorough, comprehensive care for the whole family, including women’s, men’s, holistic pediatrics and management of complex medical issues. We aim to become your home for all medical care and wellness.
Ready to transform your health and discover your center? Contact any of our locations today to schedule an appointment.