Integrative Medicine for Weight Loss in Johns Creek, GA
Weight loss isn't always calories in, calories out. The integrative medicine practitioners at CentreSpringMD examine weight loss and management from a holistic angle fusing Western and Eastern techniques, factoring in diet, exercise and more. Our medical weight loss clinic north of Atlanta, GA analyzes your efforts and health from a wider angle, exploring:
- Hormonal and chemical factors
- Metabolic imbalances
- Insulin resistance
- Gut health
- Nutritional concerns
- Toxins present in the body
A personalized, holistic approach to sustainable, long-term weight loss
How Holistic Weight Management Works
Let's discuss your weight loss goals in terms of holistic health and wellness and how to achieve them. As a holistic primary care provider, we blend conventional, Chinese, Ayurveda, integrative, and functional medicine to first assess your health and why traditional weight loss approaches might not be working as expected for you. This process may include a review of your medical history, a comprehensive blood panel, food sensitivity and allergy testing, a gut health and malabsorption analysis, and assessment for inflammatory markers, genetic signals, and heavy metal toxicity.
From there, our team develops a unique, personalized, and comprehensive weight loss plan factoring in diet, metabolic and environmental factors, and hormonal changes. Your plan may encompass:
- Nutrition and lifestyle changes, including consuming a whole-food, anti-inflammatory diet, avoiding food triggers, and incorporating select supplements.
- Transforming your weight loss efforts through detoxification and gut health.
- Nutritional counseling.
- The effects of hormonal and age-related changes and how to manage them regarding your weight.
- IV therapy.
Learn more about how CentreSpringMD approaches weight management.
Why Take a Holistic Approach to Weight Loss?
Many patients seeking out our practice share a similar story: They brought up their weight loss or management concerns with their primary care doctor or a specialist, only to be brushed off. More concerningly, the doctor refused to address or even consider other health issues, related or not to weight loss, until the patient appeared to make a visible effort.
Specializing in integrative family medicine, CentreSpringMD realizes these patients are left in a bind, often without direction. Many stop seeking medical care entirely or engage in harmful bingeing or restrictive behaviors.
Trained in Western medicine, our team of functional practitioners helps you identify the root cause of your concerns while examining your weight loss journey from a broader perspective. For more effective and sustainable weight loss, we:
- Help guide your journey, including through bumps in the road or plateaus when you encounter them.
- Look at related factors potentially impeding your weight loss efforts, including insulin resistance, blood sugar, and metabolic health.
- Understand that weight loss is never a one-size-fits-all solution and incorporate more personalized nutritional and lifestyle recommendations to help balance your gut microbiome and control chronic inflammation.
- Consider non-prescriptive solutions, including testing for a leaky gut, food allergies, candida overgrowth, hormonal imbalances, and thyroid conditions.
- Provide more tailored recommendations through nutritional counseling.
- Consider food sensitivities and nutritional deficiencies and may supply your cells with key nutrients via IV vitamin therapy to kickstart your weight loss efforts.
Contact Us to Set Up an Appointment
Ready to take control of your weight and health? Contact our Johns Creek location, or fill out the form below.