Practiced for centuries by many cultures around the world, detoxification is about renewing the body’s ability to fight disease and maintain optimum health. Incorporating detoxifying foods is a great addition to everybody’s diet. Our bodies are designed to resist damage from toxins such as antibiotic and hormone residues, heavy metals, carcinogens, chemicals and pesticides. If the body has a heavy toxic load, it may need a little extra help getting rid of them. Incorporating these foods regularly as part of your diet will help the body get rid of toxins.
Join us throughout the month of January, as we focus on detoxification and supporting you in renewing your body’s ability to fight disease and maintain optimum health!
Dr. Taz MD’s Top 10 Detoxifying Foods
- Green Foods
- Lemons, Oranges and Limes
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Green Tea
- Mung Beans
- Raw Vegetables
- Raw Seeds and Nuts
- Omega-3 Oils
An Ayurvedic perspective of Detoxification from Gedalia Genin
- Eat kitchari once or twice a week for the day to give your digestive system a break.
- Cook with ghee or clarified butter to enhance agni or your digestive fire, kindle absorption and increase elimination.
- Drink Triphala tea before bedtime to gently cleanse the colon and remove ama or toxins from the body.
- Practice Pranayama breathing, just as we wash our clothes a few times a week, so must we wash the debris of the mind through proper breathing and meditation. Once we have clarity, our purpose is fully realized.
- Integrate Marma therapy into your lifestyle.
Learn more about Pranayama breathing from Gedalia during your Ayurvedic Marma session. Please call 404-814-9808 to schedule a session!
|Dr. Tasneem Bhatia, MD, is a board-certified physician, specializing in integrative and emergency medicine, pediatrics and prevention, with expertise in women’s health, weight-loss and nutrition. She is the author of “What Doctors Eat” and “The 21-Day Belly Fix.”|
Email email@example.com to schedule a visit with Dr. Taz Bhatia, M.D..
Categories: Women's Health