We have added a new service to our spa menu! This new service is Tui Na Massage. Tui Na or Tuina means “pushing and grasping,” and it is a powerful form of Chinese medical bodywork (1). Based on the same Oriental medical principles as acupuncture, tui na seeks to improve the flow of qi through the meridian channels.
Our certified therapist will perform this traditional Chinese massage therapy.
Chinese Tui Na: Alternative Medicine
- Complete System of Medicine:Tui Na is one of the three main components of Traditional Chinese Medicine, or TCM. It is thought to be the oldest system of bodywork that is still practiced today! As mentioned above, it can treat specific pain issues and injuries, or just the overall energy flow, qi, of the body.
- Acupuncture Principles:The same 12 points on the body that are manipulated in acupuncture through the use of needles, are also manipulated in Tui Na. The difference is, Tui Na uses manual manipulation. Since both acupuncture and Tui Na use the same principles of TCM, they can be used in conjunction to restore optimal energy flow to the body.
- Very Versatile: Tui Na can be used with other forms of Chinese Medicine, as well as more traditional massages such as myofascial release, and deep-tissue/neuromuscular, both of which we offer here at the spa!
Benefits of Tui Na Massage:
- Mental Health Boost: Depression can sometimes be eased through massage therapy. While more research is needed, Tui Na massage did prove effective in depression treatment (2).
- Relief from Disorders:Tui Na is particularly effective for conditions involving muscles, tendons and joints, such as structural misalignment, orthopedic problems and sports injuries (3, 4). Specifically, It can also be used to treat internal diseases such as such as IBS, insomnia, PMS, digestive, respiratory and reproductive issues. For example, research proved Tui Na massage effective in easing diarrhea in children (5).
- Neck Pain: If you suffer from chronic neck pain, Tui Na massage can help alleviate your suffering (6).
- Lower Back Pain: Are you struggling with lumbar pain? This type of massage can ease your discomfort. Although, Tui Na massage combined with core exercises proved more effective than the massage alone (7).
- Migraine and Headache Relief: One clinical study showed that Tiu Na massage techniques aided in treatment for cervicogenic headaches (8).
- Blood Circulation Support: Another study resulted in Tui Na massage improving circulation for its participants. Tui Na’s deep tissue aspect allows blood to better circulate throughout the body (9).
- Diabetic Symptoms: A very common side effect of diabetes is foot problems, also known as diabetic foot. In the early stage of this condition, Tui Na massage proved effective at relief and reduction of inflammation (10).
Tui Na Massage at CentreSpringMD
Book an appointment now for a customized Tui Na massage or other spa therapy with the most magical hands in Atlanta. Our expert team has you covered with complete mind and body wellness.