Donna Smyth, PA-C, joins CentreSpring MD with Dr. Robert Goldman, whom she has worked closely with for 11 years. Prior to joining Dr. Goldman, Donna had over 30 years of experience in a variety of medical specialties. Originally trained as a nurse, Donna received her RN in Greensboro, NC. Desiring to increase her knowledge, range of practice and depth of patient care, Donna entered the Physician Assistant program at Duke University. She has practiced in the following specialties: General Surgery, Cardiovascular, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Internal Medicine, Geriatric and Family Practice.
Donna has been trained in Bioidentical Hormones, Menopausal Management, Hormone Management and Integrative Holistic Medicine and is supportive of the complementary approach for the health and wellness of each individual patient. Her treatment is designed to achieve a cohesive balance of mind, body and spirit, while not ignoring conventional medical methods.
Being the eldest child from a large family, a wife, mother and grandmother have all provided Donna with significant insight into caring, understanding and communicating with her patients. These concerns and those of treating the whole patient are high priorities in her practice.
Donna’s commitment to medical knowledge and patients’ needs make her a valuable asset to the CentreSpring team.
- Elementary and High School in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Nursing School (RN), Guilford Community College, Greensboro, NC
- Physician Assistant Program, Duke University, Durham, NC
Memberships, Offices and Committee Appointments
- Fellow, American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Fellow, Georgia Association of Physician Assistants
- Former Chair, American Academy of Physician Assistants, Chapter and Member
- Former Board of Directors, North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants
- Former Chair, American Academy of Physician Assistants, Elections Committee
- Former Vice President, North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants
- Former Board of Directors, Greensboro Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Licensure and Board Certification
- Active License, Georgia
- Inactive License, North Carolina
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants