“Health and wellness can only truly be obtained by addressing the mind, body and spirit of each patient. By only focusing on the physical nature of illness, the body cannot fully heal. Embracing the natural healing of each individual helps to identify the root cause treat and prevent disease.”
—Stephanie Grossman, M.D.
Stephanie Grossman, M.D., joined CentreSpring MD (formerly Atlanta Center for Holistic and Integrative Medicine) after 15 years with Emory University.
When developing medical treatments, she considers the mind, body and spirit of each patient. As an internist, Dr. Grossman understands complex medical cases, and works hard to treat each patient as effectively as possible using an integrative approach.
She supports her patients through a number of modalities, including nutrition, supplements, botanical agents, manipulative therapies and energy healing, in addition to her conventional medicine expertise. In her experience, she has learned that the body cannot fully heal by focusing only on the physical nature of illness. She embraces the natural healing of each individual in treating symptoms, identifying root causes and further preventing disease.
Dr. Grossman regards the connection between the patient and the physician to be the heart of medicine and that the best results can be obtained when it is a relationship of collaboration and trust.
Working first as a hospitalist and later as a palliative care provider, her time at Emory included teaching and training of new residents as an assistant professor and clinical care. She became director of palliative care and later created and led the supportive and integrative oncology program through Winship Cancer Institute. Other activities included co-chair of the ethics committee as well as efforts to build the creative arts in medicine program. She was the recipient awards in leadership, humanitarian efforts as well her clinical efforts.
Outside of work, Dr. Grossman loves spending time with her two young daughters, husband and dog and recently rescued pet rabbit. She enjoys hiking, running, yoga, and barre classes and is an active member of her community.
Experience & Training:
- Board Certified in
- Internal Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Doctorate of Medicine, Hahnemann University (now Drexel University)
- Bachelors of Science, Cornell University
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, University of California, Irvine Medical Center,
- Medical Acupuncture for Physicians, UCLA School of Medicine
- Palliative Care Education & Practice, Harvard Medical School Program
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Currently obtaining certification by the Institute of Functional Medicine
- Bredesen Protocol Trained