“I acknowledge barriers, give options, focus on healing the whole person, and work with the patient on meeting goals. Spending this quality time with patients is crucial in creating positive results.”
—Rosi Patel MSN, FNP-C
Rosi Patel is a certified Family Nurse Practitioner who joined CentreSpring MD in early 2017 and is excited to be part of a group of like-minded professionals. Prior to joining the CentreSpring family, she spent 8 years as an emergency room nurse and other various acute and ambulatory settings. She recognized early on there was a gap in the current medical model. “Seeing so many patients suffer with preventable and treatable chronic disease gave me a heavy heart. I believe living a healthy life is a right. With the vast amount of evidence-based research available, we should not be living with so many disparities in our current society.” This feeling compelled her to use every moment with her patients to educate them on overall wellness, which includes physical, mental, spiritual, and social well-being.
Rosi furthered her education by obtaining her Master’s degree from Chamberlain College of Nursing. She also completed the University of Arizona Integrative Health and Lifestyle Program, created by Dr. Andrew Weil. There, she received training on providing medical care using an integrative approach that focused on varying complementary and alternative treatments. Upon joining the practice, she was trained personally by Dr. Taz Bhatia, MD. She is also our training coordinator and is involved in helping train new oncoming staff.
As a practitioner, her best asset is her perception. She understands that with a diverse community there comes a need for a patient-focused care plan. Rosi is an Atlanta native and strives to promote community wellness. Her philosophies include food as medicine and mindfulness. “Our planet has the food to fuel us, the medicine to heal us, and the beauty to nourish us. I try to live mindfully and create a healing relationship with all my patients and their families.”
In Rosi’s spare time she likes to practice yoga, travel, do anything artistic, and have game nights.
Training & Education
- Medical College of Nursing- Bachelors in Science of Nursing (BSN)
- Chamberlain College of Nursing- Masters in Science of Nursing (MSN)
- Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine- Integrative Healthy and Lifestyle Program
- Continuing Medical Education in the following areas:
- Anti-inflammatory Diet
- Environmental Health
- Nutrition & Cardiovascular Health
- Aromatherapy and Health
- Integrative Mental Health
- PANS and PANDAS: A Review of The Research and Current Treatments
- Infectious & Autoimmune Causes of Encephalitis
Organizations & Public Service
- Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Nursing Honor Society
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI) member