Allison Andersen, L.Ac., DOM, is a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist, who sees patients as a whole and provides treatments that complement their lifestyle, wellness goals and medical needs. Early experiences with medicine formed the basis of her current philosophy as a caregiver: “Each Day is new and the treatment of a person should focus on his or her overall wellbeing.”
Allison’s journey into the profession of health and healing began when she was involved in a debilitating car accident at the age of 18. After surgery and physical therapy, Allison was still in significant pain. She saw many specialists who were unable to help, and she realized her body was being treated as individual pieces that did not connect. She eventually found an acupuncturist who approached her treatment from a holistic, integrated perspective. Allison made a full recovery from the accident. Although traumatic, Allison’s injury endowed her with compassion and a lifelong mission to help people.
Allison has a Masters degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine in Austin, Texas, one of the leading schools for acupuncture and Chinese medicine in the nation. She received extensive clinical training in China, and she later did continuing education studies in integrative oncology practices at M.D. Anderson cancer hospital in Houston, Texas.
After finishing her formal education, Allison moved to Florida where she practiced for several years in Jacksonville and the Daytona Beach area. She has treated a wide variety of conditions, including stress, depression, neurologic issues, anxiety, pain, allergies, skin issues, fibromyalgia, Bell’s palsy, IBS, digestive health, PMS, fertility issues, TMJ, pre- and post-cancer care, and pre- and post-surgical care.
Training at Cheng Du University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Inpatient and Outpatient care in the Oncology Herbal, Respiratory Herbal, Ophthalmology and Acupuncture departments of Chengdu University of TCM
- Clinical Applications of Ren 8 Professor Hu of Chengdu university of TCM 2009
- Pi Wei Systems Professor Song Xing of Chengdu University of TCM 2009
- Acupuncture Time Therapy Yang Yan Kuan, M.D. and Acupuncturist in China 2009
- Herb Drug Interaction, John Chen, L. Ac., Pharm. D., OM.D. 2007
- Treating Dermatological disorders with Herbal medicine, Yuxin He, L. Ac., Ph. D., M.D. 2008
- Herbal and Acupuncture adjunct therapy, In Vitro Fertilization, Zheng Zeng, L. Ac., M.D., M.S. 2008
- Herbal Topical Applications, Yongxin Fan, L. Ac., M.D. 2008
- Acupuncture treatment of neurological disorders Song Luo L. Ac., Ph. D., M.D. 2008
- Acupuncture for Pain Management Yuxing Liu, L. Ac., Ph. D., M.D. 2007
- Facial Rejuvenation Qianzhi Wu, L. Ac., M.D. 2008 Related Coursework
- Mei Zan Training Martha Lucas, PH.D , L. Ac. 2013
- M.D. Anderson Integrative Oncology Conference 2013, 2014
- ABORM Integrative Fertility Symposium 2015
- Acupuncturist Without Borders training 2015